/

Gas leak in Winnipeg motel sends 46 people to hospital

10 July 2019
10171
2019-07-10 12:20

A carbon monoxide gas leak in a motel in Winnipeg, Manitoba, sent 46 people to the hospital, with 15 of those in critical condition, the city said on Tuesday. Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Chief John Lane told reporters that none of the patients required resuscitation, but were in critical condition.

Staff and guests were evacuated from the Super 8 Motel, the city added on Twitter. The fire department got an alarm at 10:19 a.m. Carbon monoxide readings at the motel came in at 385 parts per million, the president of the United Fire Fighters of Winnipeg told CBC News. Carbon monoxide levels become dangerous at 10-20 ppm, he said. Manitoba Hydro was working to determine the cause of the leak.

-- End --