Fire Outbreak: Over 400 People Became Homeless By Fire In Ngakhuya Village

13 April 2018

65 houses burnt down in NgaKhuYa Village of Maungtaw Township on 12th April.

The fire started at around 1 pm in the afternoon while cooking rice at the house of Zumondu.

The fire was put out at around 3:30 pm.

The village is resided by Hindu people, and it has 80 houses with over 600 people in 54 households. Over 400 people from 43 households became homeless by fire and they are being accommodated at NgaKhuYa High School temporarily.

Local authorities rushed to the fire raged area and provided emergency relief measures to the victims.