9 July 2018
A 44-year-old British woman has died after being exposed to the Novichok nerve agent in western England. The incident occurred just a few miles from where Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter were struck down four months ago. Novichok was developed by the Soviet military during the Cold War. Police had been working to discover how Dawn Sturgess and a 45-year-old man had come across an item contaminated with Novichok. The two Britons had been taken ill last Saturday. Prime Minister Theresa May said she was appalled and shocked by the death of Sturgess.